Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

New Year, New Garden!


 
The snow has melted and the sun has come out which means only one thing…gardening time. 
Last year I participated in a community type garden which gave me 2 meter by 20 meter plot. This year I have decided to downsize a bit. I have moved into a new apartment where I have a 35 sq meter balcony and I plan on using 1/3 of it for vegetable gardening. I have bought some raised beds, pots, and planters.
I will start this weekend with building the beds and filling with dirt and compost. A couple weeks ago I started some seedlings inside and they are on track to be planted outside in a few more weeks if the weather keeps getting warmer. 
This year as I said I will be using a lot of planters, pots, and raised beds. I will also use the opportunity to plant what I want and how much I want. This will allow for maximum usage and overall better results, and because it is just right outside my door i will be able to spend more time caring for it all. I look forward to the coming weeks when the weather is warmer and I can really get out there to get things started. 
I will post some pictures after this weekend of the progress and wish you all happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment