Translate

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vegetarian Burgers

So I am not a Vegetarian but since I started the Fischbek Garden Project I have been eating more and more of them. I have lost a little over 5 kilo so far and that I believe is due to the fact of me eating more veggies, less sugar, less meat and more psychical activity. Another side “effect” of the garden is sometimes having more vegetable then what you know to do with. I have been coming up with different ideas and I wanted to share this recipe with you. It is my take on a Vegetarian Burger


Ingredients:
5 Carrots
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 Potato
2 Leeks
1 Fennel Bulb
2 Zucchinis
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs
2 tbsp Paprika
2 tbsp Kurkuma
2 tbsp Ground Coriander
2 eggs
Salt
Pepper


Instructions:
Start by peeling the Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, and Potato. After you peel you vegetables put the shredding attachment onto your food processor. (If you don’t have one then you will have to grate everything by hand). Start shredding your Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Potato and Zucchinis. The Fennel and Leeks you will probably have to shred by hand since they are not as firm as the other vegetables they can clog the food processor and not shred properly. Once you have your veggies shredded you will need to drain all the liquid out of the bowl. The best way to do this is take a fine mesh strainer and place the veggies inside and squeeze the juice out. TIP: you can save this liquid for vegetable stock if you’d like. Once drained place back in bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Depending on how big your vegetables were you may need a little less or a little more bread crumbs or egg. After mixed and everything holds together you can start to form your patties. In a grill pan place about 2 tbsp of Olive Oil and turn the heat to medium. Once warm place your patties and cook until golden brown on both sides.


Serving Suggestions:
You can eat them as is or you can do what I do and place a bit of sour cream on top and wrap in a lettuce leaf instead of bread. It is a light, warm, hearty meal for anytime. They store great in the fridge or freezer as well.
I hope this inspired you to go out and try your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment